Have you ever wondered is massage so important? And the answer is ‘’yes’’ to keep you happy and healthy, to keep your stress and disease free, and to help you heal faster. Massage can be a life-changing experience for you because body massage benefits are undeniable and visible right after one massage therapy session.
List of body massage benefits
- Makes your skin glowing and healthy
- Boosts your immune system
- Helps in removing the toxins from your body
- Makes the blood circulation better
- Helps in lowering the stress level
- Improves heart health
- Relax down the nervous system
- Provides musculoskeletal benefits
- Helps in detoxification of the body
- Good for brain health
List of types of body massage
- Swedish massage
- Deep tissue massage
- Couples massage
- Four hands massage
- Reflexology massage
- Lymphatic drainage massage
- Thai massage
- Shiatsu massage
- Prenatal massage
- Chair massage
- Sports massage
- Trigger point massage
- Hot stone massage
- Aromatherapy massage
Let’s jump into detail about the few body massage types for a better understanding of body massage benefits and their role in healing from trauma or injury.
1. Swedish body massage
Is a bit gentle type of massage and is best for people who are new to this, sensitive to touch, or suffering from tension. This includes kneading, stroking, warming, pressing, and rolling. For massage, you will have to lie down on a table under a sheet and the therapist will give you a nice and calming massage to make you feel relaxed and stress-free.
- Best for the beginners and it’s a 60-90 minutes soothing session
- Swedish body massage is best for people with a minor injury
2. Deep tissue body massage
In deep tissue body massage, more pressure is exerted to the muscles to reach the deep and deep layer to treat the problem including muscles issue, muscles sores, injury, and imbalance. It can also help for the treatment of anxiety, stress, deep muscles pain, and tight muscle.
The therapist will apply pressure using finger, palm, or even elbows to reach down the targeted area to relieve the tension from muscle, a 60 t0 90-minute massage session to make you happy and healthy again.
- Not good for you if you are sensitive to touch
- Good for deep muscles issues including muscle tension or chronic pain
3. Reflexology massage
A type of massage best for people who are sensitive to touch because in reflexology massage therapist will not touch your entire body and this massage will help you restore your natural energy. The therapist will massage only a few parts of your body including ears, hands, and feet, and will apply gentle to firm pressure. In reflexology massage, you are allowed to wear light clothes.
- A 30 to 60-minutes session with your clothes on, and good for you if you are uncomfortable getting a massage naked
- A nice massage will be given on hands, feet, and ear to make you feel relaxed
4. Couple’s massage
The best type of massage which you can enjoy with a friend, partner, or any of your family members in the same room, you can also get access to the hot tub, saunas, and other facilities with all the regular massage benefits. It sometimes also includes facials, manicures and pedicures, and body scrubs.
It is not necessary to get the same type of massage in a couple’s massage; you both can get different types of massage from a different therapist within the same room.
- You and your partner can enjoy and relax in the same room with the best soothing massage
- In couple’s massage most common is Swedish body massage and deep tissue body massage
5. Prenatal massage
Prenatal massage is offered to pregnant females to reduce aches and ease muscle tension. Females who get massages throughout pregnancy usually have a shorter labor. It is advised not to get a massage in the first trimester due to the risk of miscarriage. In prenatal massage therapists usually focus on lower legs, lower back, and thighs. For getting a massage you will have to lie down on a specially designed table with a cutout for the belly.
- Good for relaxation and to release mild tension
- Best for pregnant females to cope up with body aches
6. Lymphatic drainage massage
A popular type of massage due to its potential health benefits, it targets the immune system of the body making it better and good for blood circulation and keeps the body fluid in balance. You can also do lymphatic drainage massage at home 3 to 4 times a week by massaging legs, arms, and stomach but just 2 times are required if done by a professional.
- It is better to get professional help to remove toxins from the body
- Massage helps you stay happy and healthy by lowering the stress level
How to choose the best massage therapist?
You can get a recommendation for the right therapist from your friend, doctor, or online. Be careful while choosing a therapist for you because that person is going to treat you with massage therapies, only a professional can choose the best body massage for you with the right experience to treat your muscles aches, sores, and any other injury.
Make sure that the therapist is certified and well-experienced and must discuss all the issues you are facing and the reason you are getting massage therapy and your expectations.
The right massage for your body is going to make you feel happy and healthy both physically and mentally. It is better to try different types of massage and different therapists to select the best massage for you.
Try to communicate your problems and expectations related to massage therapy you are going to receive for better-expected results. If you have any health condition or concern, try to communicate with your doctor before getting any type of massage.
Most people don’t know about the benefits of a therapist using Asian bodywork or Oriental medicine. You might not have tried Asian bodywork because you don’t know what to start with, or the different styles on offer. Body Massage in Deira.