Trip to Nelson Mandela’s Robben Island 2022
It’s a wonderful time to have a trip to Nelson Mandela’s Robben Island. We are all curious about historical events. If that information is available at hand then we have many more benefits. Today we will go directly to the real place of historical events and learn more details. This journey will be special for all of us. Come on, let’s all go straight to Nelson Mandela’s Robben Island.
Nelson Mandela’s Robben Island
How long does it take to go to Robben Island from Cape Town?
Important interesting facts about Nelson Mandela’s Robben Island
(1) Former Robben Island jail inmates have become presidents of South Africa.
(2) Robben Island is home to a wide range of bird species.
(3) In the past, mentally ill persons and lepers were also housed there.
(4) A football league for island inmates used to exist.
(5) The name of the site of exile comes from the seals of Robben Island.
(6) On Robben Island, Nelson Mandela planted vegetables.
(7) Today, some of the island’s inmates work as tour guides.
Do people live on Robben Island? | Are there any residents at Robben Island?
The island’s population is presently around 150 permanent inhabitants, who create a dynamic and well-functioning community. They include museum employees, prison guides, National Ports Authority employees, lighthouse keepers, Works Department employees, and a few old-timers. It’s a little remote village, yet it’s magical. The youngsters are free to stroll to each other’s residences and doors are left open. There are roughly 100 dwellings in the settlement, which placed in broad strands on either side of the main roadway. Every house has dusty lawns and a rain barrel to collect rainwater. There is a local organization, RIVA (Robben Island Village Association) that represents the people, as well as a bi-monthly island magazine called “The Lighthouse”.
Read below articles –
Formula of SEO 2022 | Website Ranking Hacking Tricks 2022 | Evergreen SEO Tricks 20