Ardha Chandrasana (Ardh + Chandra + Asana) is a Sanskrit language. While ‘Ardha means half and ‘Chandra’ means moon, ‘asana’ means posture. Your body appears like a half-moon when you come to a complete posture of this asana.
Do this asana before performing Ardha Chandrasana
It is advisable to do the following yoga asanas given below before performing Ardha Chandrasana. By doing this asana, your body gets enough flexibility and increases the temperature of the muscles of your body, so that there is no possibility of a jerk in the body.
- Surya Namaskar
Steps of doing Ardha Chandrasana Yoga
Below, I have given a complete method of performing Ardha Chadrasana. I suggest that you should go through these steps before practicing this exercise at once.
Step 1- Stand in Tadasana, now keep your hands at the waist and spread the legs in such a way that there is a difference of 4-feet between them, and notice that your spine and neck are straight.
Step 2- Inhale, raise both your hands from the armpit to the shoulder line (90 degrees), now you lean to the right, and place the right hand on the ground.
Step 3- Now pay attention to raising your left leg, your left leg should be 90 degrees above the ground, in this position keep your left hand straight up towards the ceiling. Keep this position for 30 to 40 seconds. Take it.
Step 4- Stand up breathing slowly and with your hands down, stand in Tadasana.
Steps-5 Now do the same process from the left side.
Note: Pay Attention when you are doing Ardha Chandrasana.
Keep the following points in mind while doing Ardha Chandrasana.
- If you have a pain in your neck, do not turn your neck up.
- Note that when you are in the 3rd phase, your knee should not bend.
Benefits of Ardha Chandrasana Yoga
There are many benefits of practicing Ardha Chandrasana which are given below. Regular practicing of Ardha Chandrasana makes your body flexible. And you become more healthy and calm from your mind. These benefits are as follows-
- Improves digestion.
- It helps to relieve diseases like migraines or diarrhea.
- By doing this asana, there is no tension and positive energy is provided.
- Relief from diseases such as low blood pressure or sleeplessness.
- If a person is suffering from diseases like anxiety, dizziness, then doing Ardh Chandrasana provides relief in such a condition.
- Strengthens the abdomen, heel, thighs, buttocks, and spine.
Restrictions for Ardha Chandrasana –
People who are suffering from these diseases should not perform Ardha Chandrasana-
- Do not do this asana if you have pain in your back or back.
- People with high/low blood pressure should avoid this asana.
- Avoid this asana in critical or serious conditions.
Do these asana after Ardha Chandrasana
- Veerabhadrasana 1.
- Utthita Parsvakonasana.
- Yoga Nindra.
The easy method of doing Ardha Chandrasana for beginners
If you do not do yoga regularly then many parts of your body do not work properly, due to which you may feel difficulty in doing any asana. Therefore, you should do asana in a simple way, it will make you feel comfortable. The simple way to perform Ardha Chandrasana is given below.
- Stand in Tadasana position, now make a gap of 4-feet between your both legs.
- Raise your hands up, your hands should be aligned with your steps.
- Slowly bend to the right and bend your right leg slightly from the knees, now place your right palm on the ground and the left hand upwards.
- Raise the left leg up and bring it in line with the torso. If you feel difficulty in placing your right hand on the ground, then you can support it with a chair or block.
- Do not bend too much according to your ability, if you are doing this asana for the first time, then take the advice of a yoga instructor.
You can explore much about yoga asana by becoming a part of Yoga Teacher Training in Rishikesh, India.