Depending on the credentials and work of the foreign worker, Singapore gives a variety of job passes and permits. The S Pass work permit is a demand for mid-skilled employees in a business, such as technicians, accountants, and journalists. The Ministry of Manpower (MOM) in Singapore is in charge of issuing and processing all work visa applications.
Application for an S pass
The S Pass work permit application process is broken down into three steps. Most of the application is handled by your employer or appointed employment firm.
#1 Obtaining an S pass by submitting an application
Your S Pass application is handled by your Singapore employer. They must do so through EP Online, the MOM website’s online application platform. You are not necessary to be present in Singapore when applying for your work visa.
The application for an S Pass is as follows:
- You write a letter of consent to your employer, stating that you want to work for them and that you allow them to apply for the pass on your behalf.
- Your employer accesses EP Online and completes the S Pass application form.
- They insert all of the S Pass documents that are mentioned on the S Pass application form
- They pay the $75 application processing fee for the S Pass.
- They will receive an In-Principle Approval (IPA) letter if the application is accepted.
The S Pass application takes about three weeks to process. You have 60 days from the date you receive your IPA letter to reach Singapore.
#2 When applying for an S Pass, you’ll need the following documents
When your employer applies for your S Pass, they must apply the following documents:
- The S Pass work permit application form, which has been completed.
- Your consent letter for work visa application.
- A photocopy of the personal information tab of your passport.
- A copy of your marriage license (if you are married).
- The company’s most recent market profile.
- Copies of your diplomas and/or other credentials are necessary.
- It’s possible that you’ll be asked to give confirmation of your educational credentials. If you are, dataflow or another global verification firm will provide it to you.
- A registration firm, professional body, or accreditation firm must have a letter of support or registration.
- If you’ll be working in a restaurant, you should have a released copy of the license from the Singapore Food Authority (SFA).
#3 Having the S pass given to you
Your employer must also create a submission for your S Pass work permit to be released. You should but be present in Singapore this time.
The following is the process for requesting an S Pass:
- Your employer demands that the pass be issued by EP Online.
- They provide any papers that are necessary.
- They have up to three people’s contact details so that they can collect your S Pass Card.
- They pay the $100 work visa charge.
- They will receive a notification letter after the pass is released, which they must print and send to you. While you wait for your S Pass Card, the notification letter allows you to enter and exit Singapore.
- Notifies you if your picture and fingerprints must be recorded.
Levy of S pass
Employers who recruit S Pass work permit holders must pay a monthly levy or fee to the government. The levy is also measured based on an employer’s proportion of foreign employees. The monthly rate is S$330 per worker if foreign employees make up 10% of the total workforce. The monthly rate is S$650 per worker if foreign employees make up between 10% and 20% of the total workforce. At the time of renewal, your passport must be valid for at least another seven months.
Is it possible to renew an S pass?
Yes, you absolutely can. The S Pass work permit is initially legal for two years and can be extended for another three years. The renewal of your work visa is also controlled by your employer or an employment firm. They must apply for an S Pass renewal online at least six months before their current S Pass expires. They would pay the same fees all over again. At the time of renewal, your passport must be valid for at least another seven months.
Apply for your work visa today
Applying for your work visa is made easy by the Ren Ai Group. We are dedicated to being a reliable partner for our clients. When it comes to achieving career success, we know there is no one-size-fits-all solution. That is why we take a consultative and meticulous approach to matching our clients and applicants with the appropriate resources and job opportunities. Contact us right away to speak with one of our consultants.