Hiring a divorce lawyer is perhaps one of the most difficult tasks anyone can face. Although the decision to file divorce can be painful, lack of appropriate legal counsel can create further discord and leave divorcees in dire straits. Taking time to locate the appropriate attorney to handle divorce can reduce stress and help both parties reach an amicable agreement.
Most people spend a considerable amount of time with their divorce lawyer. Therefore, it is crucial to find an attorney you connect with and who offers services best suited toward your needs. There are numerous lawyers who specialize in divorce and family law. It is important to choose someone who possesses experience in your type of divorce.
Two types of divorce
There are two types of divorce – contested and uncontested. If both parties agree and are able to divide assets without entering into all-out war, the divorce is considered uncontested. If one of the parties does not want the divorce or the couple is unable to reach a settlement agreement, the divorce is considered contested.
Knowing whether your divorce will be contested or uncontested can help you locate an appropriate lawyer. Couples with children should hire attorneys well-versed in family law. Couples who have financial or real estate holdings will want to work with divorce lawyers possessing a background in finances and investments. If there are no children involved and no financial assets, a less expensive divorce lawyer may be sufficient.
Start by developing a list of potential candidates.
Start by developing a list of potential candidates. Ask friends, family, neighbors or co-workers for referrals. Considering nearly half of all marriages fail, chances are you know someone who has worked with a divorce lawyer. If you aren’t comfortable asking for referrals, browse your local telephone directory. Divorce lawyers can also be located through the American Bar Association
Contact each attorney on your list and ask questions about the lawyers’ experience, retainer and fees. If you feel the attorney might be suited for your situation, arrange a meeting. Most law firms offer free consultations to review your case. Interview a minimum of three divorce lawyers before making a final decision.
Prior to hiring a divorce lawyer
Prior to hiring a divorce lawyer, request a meeting with the staff members who will work on your case. For most people, divorce is a stressful and emotional time. It is important to work with people who suit your personality and can provide guidance during this difficult time.
Divorce lawyers may charge a flat fee or hourly rate. More often than not, an hourly fee is charged. On average, rates range from $150 to $375 per hour. Unless you have an overflowing bank account, you will want to work with a lawyer who is proficient with their time.
Divorce is an emotional and life-altering even
In reality, there is no such thing as an easy divorce. Even if both parties are in total agreement, divorce is an emotional and life-altering event. However, if divorce is particularly messy, it is crucial to locate a lawyer who will fight for your rights and protect your interests.
Last, but not least, be certain your chosen divorce lawyer is in good standing with the American Bar Association. The ABA website provides a directory of lawyer disciplinary agencies for each of the 50 states.
Divorce can be one of the most stressful and traumatic events one has to go through in their life. It’s stressful not only emotionally but financially. Depending upon your situation a divorce could cost an arm and a leg. I’m going to show you here how to find an Divorce Attorney near Me. Not only an affordable attorney but one that is extremely competent, a member of the Better Business Bureau, and in your area.
Unless you are a lawyer yourself and extremely familiar with legal system
Unless you are a lawyer yourself and extremely familiar with legal system even attempting to find competent divorce counsel your self is a futile task. How do you know what to look for. There are middlemen agencies that will find an affordable divorce lawyer for you at no cost whatsoever.
It is called LegalMatch. Legal match is a free online legal matching service that will match you up with an affordable divorce attorney in your area. It’s a simple three step process. The whole process is designed to ensure your privacy is always maintained.
Step one to finding an affordable divorce lawyer
When you first log on to legal match you specify the type of lawyer you are looking for. In your case you select divorce lawyer from the drop-down box. The purpose of this step is so you get matched up with the right lawyer, an attorney that specializes in divorce cases. You then tell legal match your exact legal issue. You are presented with case presentation questions that are designed by the divorce attorneys so it’s just like an initial consultation with the divorce lawyer.
Step two to finding an affordable divorce lawyer
Legal match will immediately match you with the right divorce professional. After you submit your case in step one above e-mail notifications are sent to the appropriate divorce attorneys that are near your area. These divorce attorneys review your case information. The divorce attorneys never get a hold of your contact information until you give legal match the say-so.
Step three to finding an affordable divorce lawyer
Affordable divorce attorneys who are interested in your case respond to you with a personal message telling you about their experience, credentials, etc. You then review each of these lawyers response messages to you looking over each of the attorneys relative knowledge and experience as well is how much they will cost. You then contact the divorce attorney or attorneys you feel comfortable with and feel are the most affordable and most fairly priced for your budget.
The great thing about the whole legal match system is that divorce attorneys are competing for your business. As a result you will find the absolute best price and most affordable divorce attorney than you possibly could any other way. Legal match even has a $5,000 satisfaction guarantee.
So the bottom line in using the legal match system to find a divorce lawyer you accomplish two objectives at the same time:
- Not only do you find the most affordable divorce lawyer
- You find the most competent divorce lawyers as well
Most families face a difficult time when an impending divorce proceeding is coming near to the date. No surprises that the divorce lawyer plays a powerful role in this process. They help people explore the best options and achieve a favorable conclusion that is in the best interest of both the parties. Divorce may bring with it lots of negative vibes due to uncertainty of the court proceedings. But a professional divorce lawyer can help with the expert advice so that you can make informed decisions.
What your divorce lawyer can do for you?
Read step-by-step and learn how they will help you sail through the difficult stage of your life easily.
1) Qualified divorce lawyers have the appropriate knowledge to manage the case properly. They assist you to understand every step of your divorce proceedings.
2) Expert legal counsel will provide the relevant solutions as per personal situation.
3) They allow you to see a realistic assessment of your case before and after the divorce.
4) They give you relevant answers to your every doubt/question related to the divorce proceedings.
5) They suggest you take the right action for your particular case and also guide about the divorce regulations.
6) They may recommend you to undergo therapy sessions so you can easily go through your stressful situation.
7) Expert lawyers make you understand the divorce forms and related documentation. They fill it properly without any delay to get the favorable result out of your case.
8) Professionals handle and resolve the issues relating to child custody or other reliefs granted under the law.
9) They talk about your assets, how to protect it and try to reduce the joint obligations during the divorce proceedings.
10) Make orders for temporary visitation and custody arrangements for your child.
11) Legal counsels can work in your best interest with respect to the marital properties and spousal alimony during the divorce proceedings.
12) Guide you to court appointed conferences, hearings and depositions.
13) They will show you the feasible scenarios of your case and discuss potential outcomes.
14) Guide you about the court decorum like how to dress-up, reach on time and what to expect during the cross examination questions.
15) They carry the copies of your all documents that filed in court on behalf of you.
16) Tell you about the progress and the new developments in your case.
These are the important facets of a divorce lawyer on how they show their dedication towards your case and fully cooperate with you to achieve the best possible result. So now it’s your turn to choose the reputable lawyer who can resolve the legal issues in a short period.