5 Best Media Players for Windows PC
Your Windows PC serves you for official work, business, banking, and personal usage. You won’t deny that playing songs, and watching movies on your PC, are two of your most enjoyable pastimes. The media player is the software that enables you to play videos or movies and songs on your PC. Just choose your favorite media player from a wide variety of options available on the internet, and get started.
Feeling confused about which one to choose? No worries. We are here to help you make the choice. We will discuss the 5 best media players for Windows PC in this article.
So, let’s start the discussion.
5 Best Media Player for Windows PC
- VLC Media Player
- PowerDVD 21
- GOM Media Player
Let’s learn the details about these 5 best media players for Windows PC.
VLC Media Player
VLC Media Player is in 1st place on our list. It has been a popular media player since 1996. It’s still competing with new software and getting updates till today.
- Play all multimedia files, or audio CDs, DVDs, and VCDs with it.
- Watch 360° videos and get a resolution of up to 8K.
- Supports WebM, MPEG-2, MKV, MPEG-4, and more.
- Get a facility of video filtration to use on stream.
- Doesn’t have ads, user tracking, or spyware.
- Decode video or manage the video processing faster with it.
- Use it on PC, mobile phones, tablets, and more.
- Get screenshot capture facilities.
Windows, Android, MAC, and iOS.
- Totally free
- Customizable interface
- Provides Audio/video filters
- Best for an open-source multimedia player.
- No support for MIDI playback and external filters.
PowerDVD 21 or CyberLink PowerDVD 21 holds the 2nd position on our list. It won’t be the cheapest option for you, but it is adorned with exceptional features to offer you a splendid experience. Undoubtedly, it deserves to be at the top.
- Watch your whole movie collection through PowerDVD 21 with this software catering to both physical and digital media.
- Play Blu-ray discs or any DVDs, and load up quickly AVI, MP4, MOV, MKV, and WMV video formats with it.
- Import media files from your computer.
- Create a media library. It saves time because you don’t need to find media files from folders yourself.
- Import shared files from other devices with a bit advanced setup.
- Sought out the online video via Vimeo or YouTube.
- You have the option to generate a sharing URL for your family and friends to see your collection of movies. They also can enjoy some of those media through the cloud after they have seen the list.
- PowerDVD comes with 100 GB of cloud storage.
- Provides complete support for almost all movie formats. Also supports audio files like MP3, WMA, ALAC, and FLAC.
- This edition comes with some more upgrading than its previous editions. So, whatever you are watching will look better and sharper. Even images of low-quality DVDs will appear better than when played on a regular Blu-ray or DVD player.
- Comes with DTS and Dolby support to offer you the best quality audio provided that you already have the exact sound equipment.
- Slow down or speed up video when needed with the app’s options of speed adjustments.
- You also have the option to change time as per multiple regions.
Android, Windows, and iOS.
PowerDVD 21 has some different options for payment.
- PowerDVD 21 Standard comes for $59.99. It only plays DVDs, not Blue-rays. You can’t use it to play media content to other devices.
- PowerDVD 21 Ultra’s price is $99.99. It can be used to play media content to other devices like Apple TV or Chromecast.
- PowerDVD 365’s price is $54.99/year but it will be a bit costly in the long run.
- Awesome experience
- Huge playback options
- Huge sharing tools
- Extensive cloud storage
- Best for media playing with 4K, 8K, Ultra HD Blu-ray, and H.265 or HEVC playback.
GOM Media Player
Here, GOM Media Player takes the 3rd position among the 5 best media player for Windows PC. It’s a superb alternative for those who don’t want to play the available mainstream media players. This player is a unique combination of functionality and simplicity to play high-resolution videos.
- This open-source software supports different file formats like AVI, FLV, MPG, MKV, and many more.
- Enjoy an ideal control panel to play video and playback.
- Import a whole video playlist without any hassle with this player.
- Play UHD or Ultra High Definition, 4K, and 360° videos smoothly without any buffering.
- Supports a screencast to enable you to connect the PC to your projector to play any video on a large screen.
- Automatically detects and syncs subtitles.
- The paid version has no ads.
- Helps you to detect compatible codecs to play any file, even the damaged ones.
- Permanent license for $15
- A-B repeat
- Speed controls for playback
- Screen capture
- Best to play UHD, 4k, and 360° videos.
- Limited help feature.
We have 5KPlayer on number 4 among the 5 best media players for Windows PC. This is a newcomer in the software industry but has made a mentionable place because of its amazing features.
- Supports both 5K playback and Apple AirPlay.
- Supports almost every video format.
- Doesn’t occupy too much space of your device.
- Doesn’t slow down your PC.
- Mirror record iPad/iPhone screen.
- Share video between PC and DLNA supporting devices such as Android/Xbox/SmartTV/PS4.
- Download videos from Facebook, YouTube, Vimeo, etc.
Windows, Mac OS.
- Amazing features.
- Best to play 4K, 5K, FLV,MKV,MP4, UHD, 720p, and 1080p HD videos.
- Initial experience can be a little confusing.
PotPlayer takes the 5th position among the 5 best media players for Windows PC. It may seem like a basic media player from the surface layer, but the stunning experience it offers for viewing 3D video makes it unique.
- Accelerated hardware function enables smooth and seamless video playing.
- Supports almost all video formats from different devices like streams, disks, and HDTV.
- Detects and syncs subtitles in almost all formats.
- Snapshot capture.
- Helps you to edit video.
- Accelerated hardware function
- Best to enjoy a 3D video experience.
- It doesn’t support Blue-ray discs.
Now, you must be confident enough to choose the right one from these 5 best media players for windows pc. So, what are you waiting for? Listen to your favorite songs and watch interesting movies with the best media player on your PC. And simply enjoy!!!